SIX intends to establish a FINMA registered trade repository domiciled in Switzerland. SIX will thus assist its clients in fulfilling their reporting obligations for derivatives while ensuring maximum data protection.
In response to banks' demand, SIX Securities Services has establish FINMA registered central trade repository domiciled in Switzerland. SIX Securities Services will thus assist its clients in fulfilling their reporting obligations for derivatives while ensuring maximum data protection.
The service from SIX will use the reporting technology of UnaVista, a subsidiary of London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG). SIX clients will benefit from this partnership in multiple ways:
- Solution will be fully operated and hosted by SIX with data storage in Switzerland;
- Access to an internationally well-established and multi-award winning reporting platform;
- Continuous development of the reporting platform in line with international standards.
|4th quarter 2015||Initial member testing / publication of the final field specifications|
|March 2016||Member test system available based on final field specifications|
|as soon as FINMA approval is given||Production system is available|
|6 month post FINMA approval||Start of OTC reporting obligation|
- Client event presentation at Centre Administratif Bancaire, Prilly (Englisch)
- SIX launches Swiss trade repository (Media release 5 June 2014)
- SIX selects UnaVista as partner for its Swiss derivative trade repository solution (Media release 5 February 2015)